Comprehensive Problem 1 Part 7: Trial Balance and Work Sheet Month 2
Bob Night opened “The General’s Favorite Fishing Hole.” The fishing camp is open from April through September and attracts many famous college basketball coaches during the off-season. Guests typically register for one week, arriving on Sunday afternoon and returning home the following Saturday afternoon. The registration fee includes room and board, the use of fishing boats, and professional instruction in fishing techniques.
Ledger balances for The General’s Favorite Fishing Hole at the end of May are as follow:
These adjustments are needed for part 1 and 2
3. Prepare a trial on a work sheet
4. Complete the work sheet below. Be sure to list the items in order of their liquidity, starting with Assets, Liabilities and then Owner’s Capital.
5. Journalize the adjusting entries on page 8 of the general journal. Do not enter the posting references until you complete part 6.
6. Post the adjusting entries to the general ledger. If an amount box does not require an entry, leave it blank. After posting to the general ledger, go to part 5 and complete the posting in the general journal.
Part 3: Complete
7. Prepare the income statement.
8. Prepare the statement of owner’s equity. The beginning capital balance was $138,250 and investments during the month were $600,000.
9. Prepare the balance sheet.
10. Journalize the closing entries on page 9 of the general journal. If an amount box does not require an entry, leave it blank. Do not enter the posting references until you complete part 11.
11. Post the closing entries to the general ledger. If an amount box does not require an entry, leave it blank. After posting to the general ledger, go to part 10 and complete the posting.
12. Prepare a post-closing trial balance. Be sure to list the items in order of their liquidity, starting with Assets, Liabilities and then Owner’s Capital. If an amount box does not require an entry, leave it blank.
Adjustment information at the end of May is provided below.
(a) Total vending machine sales were $2,300 for the month of May.
(b) Straight-line depreciation is used for the 10 boats purchased on April 2 for $60,000. The useful life for these assets is five years and there is no salvage value. A full month’s depreciation was taken in April on these boats. Straight-line depreciation is also used for the two boats purchased in May. Make one adjusting entry for all depreciation on the boats.
(c) Straight-line depreciation is used to depreciate the surround sound system.
(d) Straight-line depreciation is used to depreciate the big screen TV.
(e) Straight-line depreciation is used for the building purchased in May.
(f) On April 2, Night paid $9,000 for insurance during the six-month camping season. May’s portion of this premium was used up during this month.
(g) Night received his May issues of Fishing Illustrated, Fishing Unlimited, and Fish Master.
(h) Office supplies remaining on hand, $150.
(i) Food supplies remaining on hand, $5,925.
(j) Wages earned, but not yet paid, at the end of May, $6,000.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.