1. Among the advanced technologies used to study the brain’s structure and functions, which one provides detailed three-dimensional images of the brain’s structures and activities?
A. Transcranial magnetic stimulation
B. Positron emission tomography
C. Functional magnetic resonance imaging
2. In conducting an experiment, the experimenter divides a sample group of 60 children into two groups of 30 called group A and group B. To make sure the two groups are similar in terms of age, IQ, and so on, the experimenter will assign people to either group A or B using a/an ________ assignment procedure, such as a coin toss, where heads sends a subject to group A and tails sends a subject to group B.
3. Within the cerebral cortex, the _______ area is found in the occipital lobe.
D. main auditory
1. By means of introspection, Dr. Marsh attempts to determine the components of things like perception, thinking, and consciousness. By contrast, Dr. Smyth wants to understand what the mind does in producing different kinds of behavior. We can reasonably assume that Dr. Marsh’s research is mainly guided by the principles of
A. Gestalt psychology.
2. According to a Gestalt principle called _______, when we’re looking at a crowd of people, we tend to perceive people grouped close together as belonging to a common or related group.
3. Dr. Lombard’s research is focused on the capacity of the human mind to store and retrieve information. Her colleague, Dr. Fry, is a clinician who strives to help his clients be “the best that they can be.” As a fly on the wall listening to the two psychologists’ friendly disputes during coffee breaks, which of these assertions would you most likely expect from Dr. Fry?
A. People can’t be held responsible for their life choices.
B. A person’s basic assumptions about themselves are inevitably false.
C. Mental confusion is best compared to a deficiency in short-term memory.
D. If biology is destiny the concept of free will can be only an illusion.
1. Agatha maintains that people are capable of freely making voluntary choices. Constance is mainly focused on how aggression is caused by genetic inheritance. It seems reasonable to assume that Constance is not much interested in environmental factors impacting behavior while Agatha rejects
B. mental processes.
2. Regarding the association areas of the cerebral cortex, which of the following statements is most accurate?
A. Association areas are to thinking as neuroplasticity is to language.
B. Changes in personality may indicate damage to the association areas.
C. Most association areas are located in the left cerebral hemisphere.
D. The association areas are largely responsible for neurogenesis.
3. In the ear, the basilar membrane and hair cells are found in the
A. oval window.
B. auditory nerve.
C. anvil and stirrup.
1. A clinical experiment is designed in such a way that neither the researchers dispensing a treatment nor the persons in the experimental or control groups know if they’re getting a sugar pill or a new drug. This sort of experimental design is employing a/an _______ procedure.
B. reverse psychology
D. experimenter expectations
2. In his research, Dr. Caulfield wants to compare levels of test anxiety among high school students in grades 10 and 12. His hypothesis is that seniors will have higher levels of test anxiety than sophomores will. His _______ definition of test anxiety for each person in his sample will be a self-reported test-anxiety level, marked in a questionnaire as “high,” “moderate,” or “low.”
3. I study a sample of 100 high school students and find that student IQ scores increase significantly as the level of reported parental income increases. I can conclude from this that
A. there’s a negative relationship between parental income and children’s IQ scores.
B. there’s a positive correlation between parental income and children’s IQ scores.
C. higher parental income causes an increase in children’s IQ scores.
D. students get smarter when their parents earn more money.
4. Jason argues that the pituitary gland’s main purpose is regulating the activity of other glands in the body. Barbara maintains that the pituitary gland also regulates growth. Who is correct?
A. Neither Jason nor Barbara is correct.
B. Barbara is correct.
C. Jason is correct.
D. Both Jason and Barbara are correct.
1. According to information provided in your text, circadian rhythms are associated with
A. the occurrence of anxiety attacks.
B. cycles of waking and sleeping.
C. attacks of sleep apnea.
D. the time of month that pregnant women are likely to go into labor.
2. During the _______ phase of problem solving, a means-ends analysis is a very common heuristic.
3. In a lab devoted to sleep disorders Julio points to the brain wave monitor, turns to Laura and says, “Subject is going into non-REM Stage 2.” Laura looking at the monitor, says, “Got it; I’m recording the time.” What would Laura and Julio see on the monitor to assure them that the subject has entered Stage 2 sleep?
A. Brain waves are getting slower and more regular.
B. Sleep spindles appear.
C. Brain waves are irregular and episodic.
D. Sleep disturbance is indicated by sharp wave spikes.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.