I’ve included the description below and attached a worksheet I had to do in relation to this.
DescriptionAn elevator speech is a brief, conversational speech designed to gain the attention of an audience with the goal of securing an appointment to discuss the topic in more detail.This assignment requires you to design and present an original 2 minute “personal pitch” elevator speech in which you describe yourself and what you have to offer a prospective employer in your chosen career field/area and what you like about your chosen career/area.
ProcessAfter completing the reading and viewing assignments associated with the elevator speech, follow the key steps below to complete your Elevator Speech Worksheet and design and present your speech.
1. Consider your audience. For this assignment, your audience is a prospective employer in your chosen career field/area. You must keep this audience in mind throughout the speechmaking process.
2. Select and narrow your topic. For this assignment, the topic is you as a potential employee in your chosen career field/area.
3. Determine your general and specific purposes. The general purpose of a personal pitch elevator speech is to inform. The specific purpose of your elevator speech might be stated as, “At the end of my speech, the listener will invite me for an interview.”
4. Develop your central idea. The central idea summarizes your speech in a single sentence. The central idea of your elevator speech should include the contributions you could make to the prospective employer’s company/area and why you are interested in the employer’s company/area.
5. Generate the main ideas. The main ideas are the key points in a speech; these are derived from the central idea. Your Elevator Speech will have two main ideas. One main idea will be the contributions you could make to the prospective employer’s company/area. The other main idea will be why you are interested in the employer’s company/area.
6. Gather supporting material. Supporting material includes facts, examples, definitions, and quotations from others. Supporting material for your elevator speech will most likely include specific examples that illustrate your strengths and specific facts about the employer’s company/area that support your interest in the company/area. Remember that sources must be acknowledged in the speech.
7. Organize your speech. Every speech, including the elevator speech, should have an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. The introduction gains audience attention, previews the major ideas in the speech, and provides audience members with reasons to listen to the speech. The body presents and supports the main ideas. The conclusion summarizes the main ideas and restates the central idea.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.