(1) Which philosophical approach(es) discussed in the Ornstein reading from HW1 best reflects Kliewer, Biklen, and Peterson’s thinking about education? Explain
(2) Kliewer, Biklen, and Peterson are proposing a theory of human connectedness and the presumption of competence in bringing us to the end of intellectual disability that has been perpetuated by the traditional deficit model in the education of students with special needs. What do Kliewer, Biklen, and Peterson mean by each: (a) a theory of human connectedness in which intellectual competence is constructed through social action and interaction; and (b) the presumption of competence. Provide examples from their writing to support your thinking.
(3) In what ways do each of the three videos, Autism is a World, Jake, and Graduating Peter, support the importance of both the need for human connectedness and the presumption of competence in the education of individuals with special needs? (Be sure to discuss human connectedness and the presumption of competence with respect to each video.) How does the theory of connectedness and presumption of competence benefit the education of all students?
(4) What is Nunley’s main point about the “Good Old Days” with respect to education in high schools and differentiation? Refer to at least three examples she uses in support of her main point for “Obstacle 1: I Long to Return to the Good Old Days. Why does Nunley say, “We must start to see that the good old days are now” (p. 9)?
(5) For each of the following obstacles, what suggestions does Nunley make for overcoming teachers’ concern of that obstacle, particularly with a focus on secondary school teachers? For each obstacle, draw on one of Nunley’ suggestions to provide a specific example for differentiating a specific content topic/lesson within a curriculum subject of instruction (be specific with respect to the content examples).
(6) How does the work of Kliewer, Biklen, and Peterson relate to the work of Nunley? How do these works relate to your own thinking about education?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.