UNIT 1 LESSONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
Transformational Learning Objectives
● Discipline knowledge; leadership; problems solving (research, scholarly and creative activities); service learning and civic engagement; global and cultural competencies; and health and wellness.
UNIT 1 NOTES: Middle East
● Questioning Gayatri’s Spivak’s Subaltern.
● Examining Edward Said’s Orientalism.
● Understanding the creation of Postcolonialism.
● Approaching the power of comics: Joe Sacco’s Palestine and Marjane Satrapi’s Persepolis.
1) Reflective Reaction. Reflect on key passages in a reading from One World of Literature. Provide the page number. Examine the reading below, and answer these questions. Write at least 250 words. Keep in mind you are trying to find a narrative you like for your literature report. You must choose a reading in the class.
● Naguib Mahfouz’s “The Happy Man” (46). What is happiness? What is he happy about? But is he really happy? Why?
● Yussef Idriss’s “A House of Flesh” (41). Does the blind man know what is happening? Give
evidence. What does the story tell us about our own needs?
2) Reflective Reaction. Reflect on key passages in a reading from One World of Literature.
Provide the page number. Examine the reading below, and answer these questions. Write at least 250 words. Keep in mind you are trying to find a narrative you like for your literature report. You must choose a reading in the class.
● Amos Oz’s “Nomad and Viper” (77). America has more reported rapes annually per capita than any other country in the world. That is not a good statistic to be known for. Furthermore, many more rapes go unreported. Such issues as drug enforcement, immigration, and abortion generate much media attention. Thus, we continue to avoid examining this social issue in depth. This story examines the issue of rape compounded with prejudice. Was Geula raped? Defend your answer. What does the viper symbolize?
3) Reflective Reaction. Read, watch, and react to Marjane’s Satrapi’s Persepolis (book and DVD). Answer the questions below. Write at least 250 words.● Which two sections from the book are your favorite? Why?
● Did you think the film version or the book was better? Why?
● Transformational Learning outcomes: discipline knowledge; leadership; problems solving (research, scholarly and creative activities); service learning and civic engagement; global and cultural competencies; and health and wellness.
Understanding Course Notes: Discipline Knowledge
● Subaltern, Orientalism, Postcolonialism, and the graphic novels of Joe Sacco and Marjane Satrapi.
Number 1 250 words
Number 2 250 words
Number 3 250 words
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.