1. A leadership model _________.
a. is an explanation of some aspect of leadership
b. has practical value
c. is used when selecting the appropriate leadership style for a given situation
d. explains the variables and leadership styles to be used in a given contingency situation
2. The most powerful determinant of overall situational favorableness is __________.
a. task structure
b. locus of control
c. position power
d. leader−member relations
3. Which of the following best represents a situation in which a task-oriented leadership style
should be used?
a. A leader with weak power has good relations with a repetitive task worker.
b. A leader with weak power has good relations with a nonrepetitive task worker.
c. A leader with strong power has poor relations with a repetitive task worker.
d. A leader with weak power has poor relations with a repetitive task worker.
4. Before selecting one of the seven leadership styles on the leadership continuum, the
leader must consider which one of the following variables?
a. the situation
b. the leader’s personality
c. the followers’ preferred style for the leader
d. All of the above.
5. Based on the situational factors, the _________ leadership style provides high structure.
6. All seven questions in the normative leadership model ___________.
a. are always answered in the same order for important decisions
b. need not always be answered for certain decisions
c. are based on scientific research
d. can be nullified in the case of low employee motivation
7. All of the following are substitutes for leadership EXCEPT:
a. characteristics of followers.
b. characteristics of the task.
c. characteristics of the organization.
d. characteristics of the leader.
8. A characteristic of the organization that can substitute for leadership is ___________.
a. closely knit, cohesive work groups
b. invariant methodology
d. intrinsic satisfaction
9. Most day-to-day manager-employee interactions are based on _________ power.
10. The use of referent power is appropriate for __________.
a. higher-level managers
c. people with no position power
d. people with no personal power
11. Distortion of information includes ___________.
a. giving a biased interpretation of data
b. presenting false information
c. selective editing
d. All of the above.
12. To increase connection power, __________.
a. develop a network of information sources and gather information from them
b. follow the guidelines for using the coalition influencing tactic
c. project a positive self-concept
d. All of the above.
13. Because of political behavior, __________.
a. most important decisions are made by coalitions outside of the formal meeting in which
the decision is made
b. coalitions tend to break down over time
c. reciprocity is hard to establish due to lack of trust in organizations
d. None of the above.
14. Your one-minute self-sell should do all of the following EXCEPT:
a. identify your career field and key results you’ve achieved.
b. give the listener a sense of your background.
c. provide the direction of your next job.
d. identify your specific salary requirements.
15. __________ is a process in which two or more parties are in conflict and attempt to come
to an agreement.
a. Problem solving
b. Decision making
16. During negotiations, which of the following should you do?
a. Ask questions to focus on meeting your needs.
b. Develop rapport and focus on the obstacles.
c. Ask for something in return.
d. You make the first offer to get the advantage.
17. As a general rule, to send difficult and unusual messages, use ___________.
a. detailed written communication channels
b. phone calls
c. rich oral channels
d. face-to-face oral channels
18. Which of the following is NOT a step in the oral message-sending process?
a. develop rapport
b. state your communication objective
c. transmit your message
d. check the receiver’s commitment
19. ___________ is the process of giving the speaker your undivided attention.
c. Checking understanding
20. Which of the following is NOT one of the guidelines you should use when getting feedback
a. ask questions
b. be aware of nonverbal communication
c. verify the message
d. be open to feedback
21. Which of the following is NOT one of the coaching guidelines?
a. give praise and recognition
b. make feedback timely, but flexible
c. focus on the person, not the behavior
d. develop a supportive working relationship
22. Having employees assess their own performance is a part of ___________.
c. conflict resolution
23. Which of the following is typically NOT a mentor?
b. higher-level managers
c. immediate managers
24. Which of the following is true about the avoiding conflict style?
a. should never be used
b. does not result in resolution of the conflict
c. often results in problems worsening
d. should be used if continuing the confrontation may result in retaliation or physical
25. The _________ conflict style user assertively attempts to jointly resolve the conflict with
the best solution agreeable to all parties.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.