P9-5 (gross profit method) On April 15, 2011, fire damaged the office and warehouse of Stanislaw Corporation.
P 9-5 Stanislaw Corporation.
The only accounting record saved was the general ledger, from which the trial balance below was prepared.
Trial Balance March 31, 2011
Accts Recv 40000
Inventory 12/31/07 75000
Building and Equip 110000
Accumulated depreciation 41300
Other assets 3600
Accts Payable 23700
Other expense accruals 10200
Capital stock 100000
Retained earnings 52000
Other expenses 26600
Total 362200 362200
The following data and information have been gathered.
1. The fiscal year of the corporation ends on Dec 31.
2. An examination of the April bank statement and canceled checks revealed that checks written during the period April 1-15 totaled $13,000: $5,700 paid to accounts payable as of March 31, $3400 for April merchandise shipments, and $3900 paid for other expenses. Deposits during the same period amounted to $12,950, which consisted of receipts on account from customers with the exception of a $950 refund from a vendor for merchandise returned in April.
3. Correspondence with suppliers revealed unrecorded obligations at April 15 of $15,600 for April merchandise shipments, including $2300 for shipments in transit (f.o.b. shipping point) on that date. 4. Customers acknowledged indebtedness of $46,000 at April 15, 2011. It was also estimated that customers owed another $8000 that will never be acknowledged or recovered. Of the acknowledged indebtedness, $600 will probably be uncollectible.
5. The companies insuring the inventory agreed that the corporation’s fire-loss claim should be based on the assumption that the overall gross profit ratio for the past 2 years was in effect during the current year.
The corporation’s audited financial statements disclosed this information: Year Ended Dec 31, 2010 Net sales 530000 Net purchases 280000 Beginning inventory 50000 Ending inventory 75000 Year Ended Dec 31, 2009 Net sales 390000 Net purchases 235000 Beginning inventory 66000 Ending inventory 50000
6. Inventory with a cost of $7000 was salvaged and sold for $3500. The balance of the inventory was a total loss.
Prepare a schedule computing the amount of inventory fire loss. The supporting schedule of the computation of the gross profit should be in good form.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.