1. Accounting procedures allow a business to evaluate their inventory at LIFO (Last In First Out) or FIFO (First In First Out). A manufacturer evaluated its finished goods inventory (in $ thousands) for five products both ways. Based on the following results, is LIFO more effective in keeping the value of his inventory lower?
Product FIFO (F) FIFO(L)
1 225 221
2 119 100
3 100 113
4 212 200
5 248 245
This example is what type of test?
One sample test of means.
Two sample test of means.
Test of proportions.
2. Accounting procedures allow a business to evaluate their inventory at LIFO (Last In First Out) or FIFO (First In First Out). A manufacturer evaluated its finished goods inventory (in $ thousands) for five products both ways. Based on the following results, is LIFO more effective in keeping the value of his inventory lower?
Product FIFO (F) FIFO(L)
1 225 221
2 119 100
3 100 113
4 212 200
5 248 245
What is the value of calculated t?
None of these.
3. In a market test of a new chocolate raspberry coffee, a poll of 400 people from Dobbs Ferry showed 250 preferred the new coffee. In Irvington, 170 out of 350 people preferred the new coffee. To test the hypothesis that there is no difference in preferences between the two villages, what is the alternate hypothesis?
A π 1 < π2
B π 1 > π2
C π 1 = π2
D π 1 ≠ π2
4. If we are testing for the difference between two population means and assume that the two populations have equal and unknown standard deviations, the degrees of freedom are computed as (n1)(n2) – 1.
5. If the null hypothesis states that there is no difference between the mean net income of retail stores in Chicago and New York City, then the test is two-tailed.
6. If we are testing for the difference between two population means and assume that the two populations have equal but unknown standard deviations, then the test has (n1 + n2 – 2) degrees of freedom.
7.The pooled estimate of the proportion is found by dividing the total number of samples by the total number of successes.
8. When testing for a difference between the means of two dependent samples, n1 = n2.
9. The t distribution is more spread out and flatter at the center than the standard normal distribution. However, as the sample size increases, the t distribution curve approaches the standard normal distribution.
10. A group of statistics students decided to conduct a survey at their university to find the average (mean) amount of time students spent studying per week. Assuming a population standard deviation of 3 hours, what is the required sample size if the error should be less than ½ hour with a 99% level of confidence?
11. If 95% and 98% confidence intervals were developed to estimate the true cost of the microwave, what differences would they have?
Both b and c
12. The distribution of Student’s t is
a discrete probability distribution
13. The test statistic t has n – 1 degrees of freedom.
14. A survey of 25 grocery stores revealed that the average price of a gallon of milk was $2.98 with a standard error of $0.10. If 90% and 95% confidence intervals are developed to estimate the true cost of a gallon of milk, what similarities would they have?
Both a and c
15. The mean number of travel days per year for salespeople employed by hardware distributors needs to be estimated with a 0.90 degree of confidence. For a small pilot study the mean was 150 days and the standard deviation was 14 days. If the population mean is estimated within two days, how many salespeople should be sampled?
16. If university officials say that at least 70% of the voting student population supporting the fee increase, If the 95% confidence interval is [0.75, 0.85], what conclusion can be drawn based on a 95% level of confidence?
70% is not in the interval, need to take another sample
70% is not in the interval, so assume it will not be supported
70% is below the interval, so assume it will be supported
Since this was not based on population, cannot make conclusion
17 . It is claimed that in a bushel of peaches less than ten percent are defective. A sample of 400 peaches is examined and 50 are found to be defective. What is the z-statistic?
18. What are the two critical values for a two-tailed test with a 0.01 level of significance when n is large and the population standard deviation is known?
Above 1.96 and below -1.96
Above 1.65 and below -1.65
Above 2.58 and below -2.58
Above 1.00 and below -1.00
19. The standard normal distribution is the appropriate distribution when testing a hypothesis about a population proportion.
20. A manufacturer of stereo equipment introduces new models in the fall. Retail dealers are surveyed immediately after the Christmas selling season regarding their stock on hand of each piece of equipment. It has been discovered that unless 40% of the new equipment ordered by the retailers in the fall had been sold by Christmas, immediate production cutbacks are needed. The manufacturer has found that contacting all of the dealers after Christmas by mail is frustrating as many of them never respond. This year 80 dealers were selected at random and telephoned regarding a new receiver. It was discovered that 38% of those receivers had been sold. Since 38% is less than 40%, does this mean that immediate production cutbacks are needed or can this difference of 2 percentage points be attributed to sampling? Test at the 0.05 level. Computed z = -0.37.
Cut back production
Do not cut back production
Cannot determine based on information given
None of these
21. Which symbol is a test statistic used to test a hypothesis about a population mean?
22. The number of trials and the population proportion are respectively represented by what symbols?
p and n
z and t
n and π
23. If we do not reject the null hypothesis based on sample evidence, we have proven beyond doubt that the null hypothesis is true.
24. If the null hypothesis is true and the researchers do not reject it, then a correct decision has been made.
25 . What is the probability of making a Type II error if the null hypothesis is actually true?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.