MAT 540 Week 6 Midterm Exam
1. __________ is a technique for selecting numbers randomly from a probability distribution.
2. Monte Carlo is a technique for selecting numbers randomly from a probability distribution.
3. Analogue simulation replaces a physical system with an analogous physical system that is _____________ to manipulate.
4. Variable costs are independent of volume and remain constant. TRUE/FALSE
5. Regret is the difference between the payoff from the best decision and all other decision payoffs. TRUE/FALSE
6. The maximin criterion results in the
7. A payoff table is a means of organizing a decision situation, including the payoffs from different decisions given the various states of nature. TRUE/FALSE
8. In a weighted moving average, weights are assigned to most __________ data.
9. The maximin criterion results in the maximum of the minimum payoffs. TRUE/FALSE
10. A state of nature is an actual event that may occur in the future. TRUE/FALSE
11. Which of the following is not an alternative name for management science?
12. A _________ period of real time is represented by a __________ period of simulated time.
13. Simulation results will not equal analytical results unless ___________ trials of the simulation have been conducted to reach steady state.
14.The minimax regret criterion
15. Objective probabilities that can be stated prior to the occurrence of an event are
16. Which of the following is incorrect with respect to the use of models in decision making?
17. The steps of the scientific method are:
18. A seasonal pattern is an up-and-down repetitive movement within a trend occurring periodically. TRUE/FALSE
19. The maximax criterion results in the
20. ____________ techniques include uncertainty and assume that there can be more than one model solution.
21. The maximax criterion results in the maximum of the minimum payoffs. TRUE/FALSE
22. Regret is the difference between the payoff from the
23. A long period of real time is represented by a short period of simulated time. TRUE/FALSE
24 A trend is a gradual, long-term, up or down movement of demand. TRUE/FALSE
25. ____________ use management judgment, expertise, and opinion to make forecasts.
26. ____________ moving averages react more slowly to recent demand changes than do ____________ moving averages.
27. In computer mathematical simulation a system is replicated with a mathematical model that
28. Which of the following is an equation or an inequality that expresses a resource restriction in a mathematical model?
29. Analogue simulation replaces a physical system with an analogous physical system that is easier to manipulate.
30. An experiment is an activity that results in one of several possible outcomes.
31. Random numbers are equally likely to occur.
32. An example of forecasting is
33. The ______________ minimizes the maximum regret.
34. ____________ is an up-and-down repetitive movement in demand.
35. It’s often ____________ to validate that the results of a simulation truly replicate reality.
36. A short period of real time is represented by a long period of simulated time.
37. In computer mathematical simulation, a system is replicated with a mathematical model that is analyzed with the computer.
38. A cycle is an up-and-down repetitive movement in demand.
39. Profit is the difference between total revenue and total cost.
40. A model is a functional relationship and include:
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.