The purpose of this assignment is to download the source code for a project, in this case 4th, and build it on ANY SERVER. 4th is an implementation of the programming language “forth”. You do not need to know anything about “forth” to complete this assignment.
· In addition to building the “4th” system, you will be asked to record certain events below. You will save the recorded information in an ASCII file named “4th_log.txt”. The file, “4th_log.txt”, must be located in the following directory: $HOME/itec400/homework
· Create the following directory:
This directory will be used to hold the files needed to build 4th.
· Downloaded the compressed “tar” file on cs.franklin.edu. The full path to the file is: /export/home/dandrear/public_html/itec400/Misc/4th-3.3d2-unix.tar.gz
· Copy the “tar” file into your “4th” directory.
· Unpack the “tar” file using the ‘tar’ command. Remember, this file is also compressed, so unpack the file as follows:
o Uncompress the file using gunzip: gunzip 4th-3.3d2-unix.tar.gz
o Unpack the tar file
tar xf 4th-3.3d2-unix.tar
· You should now see a new directory named “4th-3.3d2”.
· cd 4th-3.3d2
· Record in “4th_log.txt” the size of the file “readme.txt”.
· cd sources
· Take a look at the file: Makefile and find the target named ‘4th’.
· Record in “4th_log.txt” the prerequisites for the target ‘4th’.
· Use the “make” command to build the product.
· If everything worked okay, “make” should have created an executable file called “4th”.
· Record in “4th_log.txt” the size of the executable named “4th”, in bytes.
· Copy the “4th” executable to the following directory: $HOME/itec400/homework/4th/4th-3.3d2
· cd $HOME/itec400/homework/4th/4th-3.3d2
· Now we are ready to try it out. When you run “4th”, it will place you in its own environment. Please follow the steps below.
· Make sure you are in “$HOME/itec400/homework/4th/4th-3.3d2”
· At the UNIX prompt, type: 4th You should see the following:
4tH System V4.5a – (c) 1994,2003 HanSoft & Partners
(S)creen file: new.scr
(O)bject file: out
(E)dit (C)ompile (R)un (A)rguments
(Q)uit (G)enerate (B)uild (D)ecompile
The “>”character is the prompt within the 4th system.
· At the “4th” prompt, type: s
· You should now be prompted to enter a “Screen file name”
· At the “Screen file name” prompt, type: examples/romans.4th
You have just loaded the script “romans.4th” from the “examples” directory, which is below your current directory. This script will convert Arabic numerals to Roman Numerals (for example 4 to IV).
· At the 4th prompt, type: r
The script should be running now. Just type in a number and see the script perform the conversion. After the conversion, the script will return to the 4th prompt. You can type “r” again to rerun the script
· Another fun script is “keirsey.4th”. This script will ask you a series of questions and determine your personality type based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. To run this script do the following:
· At the 4th prompt, type: s
· At the “Screen file name:” prompt, type: examples/keirsey.4th
· At the 4th prompt, type: r
· The script will ask you a lot of questions about your personality and finally, it will identify your personality type.
· The source code for these and other examples are located at: $HOME/itec400/homework/4th/4th-3.3d2/examples
Remember that the source is in “forth”
· If you are interested in the “forth” language, there is a tutorial at:
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.